Monday, June 05, 2006

"Activist in me"

I hate rape,
I really, really do.
I hate it in the a.m.,
I hate it from the blue.
a moment with a girl,
that should be pure and true,
in a flash turns ugly,
and instead is very crude.
A joining that is sacred,
has now become so rude,
as the girl,
now women,
finds all she had to lose.
No means no,
or so was always told,
but today's men take,
have always been so bold?
A girl is only meat,
or so to me it seems,
and nothing they can do,
will muffle all their screams.

So what happens now,
to this girl who we abused.
should she be now cast out,
and given to be used?
Nay,
I say.
Stand beside her in her need,
you out there can never know,
when it's your turn to bleed.
For I hate rape,
I always, always will,
it is a crime,
that makes my heart be still.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42 PM

    Confessions of a Dangerous Mind!!..right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18 PM

    A small voice with a big inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. from the readers point of view..it was very touchy n heart rendering
    n surely with a very noble message..

    ReplyDelete