Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Do try this at home

Ya ya long time since I wrote a blog. The reasons: I was unusually busy with work at office.

But again the tsunami of boredom hit me at home this time; with my family out on a holiday leaving me alone with my dog hanging around. When boredom strikes, it really makes one go mad. Its not khaali dimaag shaitaan ka ghar (empty mind = devil’s workshop). It’s the Bore-dome which is the palace of the devil.

So, I began surfing through my kitchen (did I tell that boredom also leads to hunger, and hunger for good food). And, I placed my hands on the couple of bottles of rum, whiskey and vodka of my father’s small hidden personal bar.

Now, eggjactly now, the devil strikes his venom. So, I started with my cocktail.

Caution: Please try this only at home.

So here are the ingredients to get it right (my way):
- Two shots Vodka
- One shot brandy
- One lemon’s juice
- Orange and apple juice in equal quantities
- Crushed ice
- “Teri deewani” by Kailash Kher in infinite loop

Mix them well and relax in your rocking chair. Well any chair will tend to get rocking once you have a couple of this “recipe”.

Preet ki lat mohe aisi lagi,
Ho gayi mein matwaari,
Bal bal jaaoon apne piya ko,
Hey mein jaaoon waari waari,
Mohe sudh budh nahi rahi tan mann ki,
Ye to jaane duniya saari,
Beebas aur laachaar phiru mein,
Haari mein haari, haari mein haari…...….

Teri deewani teri deewani….....

2 comments:

  1. kya baat hai.. saare lyrics yaad hain..teri deewani ke..
    :D
    though m not the right person to comment on ur INNOVATIVE COCKTAIL..but i hav a feelin ki achi hi hogi... after all motivated u to write this..n then that music in the background.. seems u'd ur part of excursion at home itslf..
    neways..nice readin "DO TRY THIS AT HOME"..
    i wish i cud try this.. write up one on a mocktail :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. caught u via funky pen.. wow.. ur recipe sounds good.. will def try next binge..

    ReplyDelete